Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Compiling 1.6.1 with cygwin 1.7 and gcc
From: marco atzeri (marco.atzeri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-24 09:03:33

On 9/24/2012 7:02 AM, Roy Hogan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I’m trying to build version 1.6.1 on Cygwin (1.7), using the gcc 4.5.3
> compilers. I need to use the Cygwin linux environment specifically so
> I’m not interested in the cmake option on the windows side. I’ve
> searched the archives, but don’t find much on the Cygwin build option
> over the last couple of years.
>
> I’ve attached the logs for my “configure” and “make all” steps. Our
> email filter will not allow me to send zipped files, so I’ve attached
> the two log files. I’d appreciate any advice.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Roy

Hi Roy,
I built a cygwin version, some time ago
http://matzeri.altervista.org/cygwin-1.7/openmpi/

but never really tested for other issue on my machine.
You should be able to replicate using cygport as build packager.

$ cygport openmpi-1.6-1.cygport almostall

The configure options were:

    LDFLAGS="-Wl,--export-all-symbols -no-undefined" \
    --disable-mca-dso \
    --without-udapl \
    --enable-cxx-exceptions \
    --enable-mpi-threads \
    --enable-progress-threads \
    --with-threads=posix \
    --without-cs-fs \
    --enable-heterogeneous \
    --with-mpi-param_check=always \
    --enable-contrib-no-build=vt,libompitrace \

--enable-mca-no-build=memory_mallopt,paffinity,installdirs-windows,timer-windows,shmem-sysv

Regards
Marco