Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Compiling 1.6.1 with cygwin 1.7 and gcc
From: Tim Prince (n8tm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-24 07:10:47

On 9/24/2012 1:02 AM, Roy Hogan wrote:

> I’m trying to build version 1.6.1 on Cygwin (1.7), using the gcc 4.5.3
> compilers. I need to use the Cygwin linux environment specifically so
> I’m not interested in the cmake option on the windows side. I’ve
> searched the archives, but don’t find much on the Cygwin build option
> over the last couple of years.
>
> I’ve attached the logs for my “configure” and “make all” steps. Our
> email filter will not allow me to send zipped files, so I’ve attached
> the two log files. I’d appreciate any advice.

Perhaps you mean cygwin posix environment.
Evidently, your Microsoft-specific macros required in windows.c aren't
handled by configury under cygwin, at least not if you don't specify
that you want them. As you hinted, cygwin supports a more linux-like
environment, although many of those macros should be handled by #include
"windows.h".
Do you have a reason for withholding information such as which Windows
version you want to support, and your configure commands?

--
Tim Prince