Subject: [OMPI users] MPI_Probe causes a crash with signal 6.
From: devendra rai (rai.devendra_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-19 18:22:44

Hello, I have an application which calls MPI_Probe. Strangely enough, the call leads to a crash with signal 6. I am using OpenMPI-1.6, built using gcc-4.6, running on Linux-3.23. For reference, I am attaching four snapshots: (1). opal-list-H: The assertion which seems to have caused signal 6 in file opal_list.h ( (2). stack-trace: The relevant stack-trace, ( (3). watch-expressions: Related watch expressions in the debugger window ( (4). top-level-call: The point in the user-application where MPI_Probe is called ( I do not understand the cause, and I'd appreciate any help. Thanks a lot. Devendra