Subject: [OMPI users] question to MPI_UNIVERSE_SIZE
From: Siegmar Gross (Siegmar.Gross_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-19 01:30:10

Hi,

I have a small hostfile with the following two lines.

tyr.informatik.hs-fulda.de slots=2
sunpc4.informatik.hs-fulda.de slots=2

I get the following output from a small program when I set my
environment for openmpi-1.6.

tyr small_prog 106 mpiexec -hostfile hosts.openmpi_fulda -np 2 universe

number of processes: 2 universe size: 4

When I do the same for the last tarball of openmpi-1.9 I get the
following output so that "universe size" doesn't show the number of
available processors any longer.

tyr small_prog 108 mpiexec -hostfile hosts.openmpi_fulda -np 2 universe

number of processes: 2 universe size: 2

Have you changed the implementation so that this is intended? Thank you
very much for any answer in advance.

Kind regards

Siegmar