Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Ensuring use of real cores
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-12 08:05:00

On Sep 12, 2012, at 4:57 AM, "John R. Cary" <cary_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I do want in fact to bind first to one HT of each core
> before binding to two HTs of one core. So that will
> be possible in 1.7?

Yes - you can get a copy of the 1.7 nightly tarball and experiment with it in advance, if you like. You'll want

mpirun --map-by core --bind-to hwthread ....

Add --report-bindings to see what happens, but I believe that will do what you want. You'll map one process to each core, and bind it to only the first hwthread on that core.

Let me know either way - if it doesn't, we have time to adjust it.