Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Accessing data member of MPI_File struct
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-31 05:59:22

On Aug 30, 2012, at 11:35 PM, Ammar Ahmad Awan wrote:

> My real problem is that I want to access the fields from the MPI_File structure other than the ones provided by the API e.g. the fd_sys.
>
> Atomicity was just one example I used to explain my problem. If MPI_File is an opaque structure, is there any other way or any other structure through which I can reach the fields?

Nope. The whole point is that MPI_File is a handle to an opaque data structure on the back end. Using the API functions is the only portable way to get to the data.

I see that you asked exactly the same question on both the Open MPI and MPICH2 lists at the same time -- know that our back-end data structures are different. Hence, even if you could access the fields of Open MPI, that wouldn't help you with MPICH2.