Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI_Irecv: Confusion with <<int count>> inputy parameter
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-20 10:32:30

On Aug 20, 2012, at 5:51 AM, devendra rai wrote:

> Is it the number of elements that have been received *thus far* in the buffer?

No.

> Or is it the number of elements that are expected to be received, and hence MPI_Test will tell me that the receive is not complete untill "count" number of elements have not been received?

Yes.

> Here's the reason why I have a problem (and I think I may be completely stupid here, I'd appreciate your patience):
[snip]
> Does anyone see what could be going wrong?

Double check that the (sender_rank, tag, communicator) tuple that you issued in the MPI_Irecv matches the (rank, tag, communicator) tuple from the sender (tag and communicator are arguments on the sending side, and rank is the rank of the sender in that communicator).

When receives block like this without completing like this, it usually means a mismatch between the tuples.