Subject: Re: [OMPI users] User Interface for MPMD
From: Frank Kampe (u2591_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-10 13:50:48

OK. I think I am not being clear and am using the wrong terms. For example, suppose we launch and MPMD job:

mpirun -np 1 a.out : -np 8 a.out2 : -np 512 a.out3

There are three "instances" invoked here---that's info item(1). In other words, how many executables are started. Given MPMD mode, the entire set of apps belong to the same MPI_COMM_WORLD. So, MPI Task 0 is the MPI rank of the process executing a.out, MPI Task 1 is the 1st MPI rank for process(s) executing a.out2, and Task 9 is the 1st MPI rank for processes(s) executing a.out3. That's the info in item (2) below. Finally number of tasks for instance 1 is 1, for instance 2 is 8, and for instance 3 is 512---that's item (3).

What user-callable interface does OpenMPI provide to get that information in a.out, a.out2, and a.out3 during run-time?

Thanks.