Subject: [OMPI users] Parallel I/O doesn't work for derived datatypes with Fortran 90 interface
From: Paul Romano (paul.k.romano_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-06 16:09:07

When I try to use parallel I/O routines like MPI_File_write_at or
MPI_File_read_at with the buffer argument being a derived datatype, I am
unable to compile and just get an error of the nature:

    MPI_FILE_READ_AT(fh, offset, buffer, count, datatype, status, ierr)

   1
    Error: There is no specific subroutine for the generic
'mpi_file_read_at' at (1)

I'm using Open MPI 1.6 compiled with --with-mpi-f90-size=medium. I've also
tried both gfortran and ifort, and both give the same compilation error.
Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Best regards,
Paul