Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Re :Re: OpenMP and OpenMPI Issue
From: Paul Kapinos (kapinos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-23 06:26:24

Jack,
note that support for THREAD_MULTIPLE is available in [newer] versions of open
MPI, but disabled by default. You have to enable it by configuring, in 1.6:

   --enable-mpi-thread-multiple
                           Enable MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE support (default:
                           disabled)

You may check the available threading supprt level by using the attaches program.

On 07/20/12 19:33, Jack Galloway wrote:
> This is an old thread, and I'm curious if there is support now for this? I have
> a large code that I'm running, a hybrid MPI/OpenMP code, that is having trouble
> over our infiniband network. I'm running a fairly large problem (uses about
> 18GB), and part way in, I get the following errors:

You say "big footprint"? I hear a bell ringing...
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=openfabrics#ib-low-reg-mem

--
Dipl.-Inform. Paul Kapinos   -   High Performance Computing,
Seffenter Weg 23,  D 52074  Aachen (Germany)