Subject: [OMPI users] issue with addresses
From: Priyesh Srivastava (priyesh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-21 15:59:44

Hello

I am working on a mpi program. I have been printing the addresses of
different variables and arrays using the MPI_GET_ADDRESS command. What I
have noticed is that all the processors are giving the same address of a
particular variable as long as the address is less than 2 GB size. When the
address of a variable/ array is more than 2GB size different processors are
giving different addresses for the same variable. (I am working on a 64 bit
system and am using the new MPI Functions and MPI_ADDRESS_KIND integers for
getting the addresses).

my question is that should all the processors give the same address for
same variables? If so then why is this not happening for variables with
larger addresses.

thanks
priyesh