Subject: Re: [OMPI users] fortran program with integer kind=8 using openmpi
From: David Warren (warren_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-28 20:37:28

You should not have to recompile openmpi, but you do have to use the
correct type. You can check the size of integers in your fortrana nd use
MPI_INTEGER4 or MPI_INTEGER8 depending on what you get.
in gfortran use
integer i
if(sizeof(i) .eq. 8) then
     mpi_int_type=MPI_INTEGER8
else
     mpi_int_type=MPI_INTEGER4
endif
then use mpi_int_type for the type in the calls