Subject: [OMPI users] How does OpenMPI's progress engine determine progress?
From: devendra rai (rai.devendra_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-28 09:48:52

Hello Community I am currently working on OpenMPI-1.6, using MPI calls in separate threads. I understand that OpenMPI will like to make progress on every thread, and it attempts to do so very aggressively. However, I have not found any document or literature which talks about the metric on how progress is calculated. Just what does it take for OpenMPI to determine whether or not progress is being made on a thread? If this thread is off-topic to the forum, please let me know whom to contact individually. Thanks a lot. Best Devendra