Subject: Re: [OMPI users] undefined reference to `netcdf_mp_nf90_open_'
From: Tim Prince (n8tm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-26 09:50:44

On 6/26/2012 9:20 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Sorry, this looks like an application issue -- i.e., the linker error you're getting doesn't look like it's coming from Open MPI. Perhaps it's a missing application/middleware library.
>
> More specifically, you can take the mpif90 command that is being used to generate these errors and add "--showme" to the end of it, and you'll see what underlying compiler command is being executed under the covers. That might help you understand exactly what is going on.
>

> On Jun 26, 2012, at 7:13 AM, Syed Ahsan Ali wrote:
>
>> Dear All
>>
>> I am getting following error while compilation of an application. Seems like something related to netcdf and mpif90. Although I have compiled netcdf with mpif90 option, dont why this error is happening. Any hint would be highly appreciated.
>>

>> /home/pmdtest/cosmo/source/cosmo_110525_4.18/obj/src_obs_proc_cdf.o: In function `src_obs_proc_cdf_mp_obs_cdf_read_org_':
>>
>> /home/pmdtest/cosmo/source/cosmo_110525_4.18/src/src_obs_proc_cdf.f90:(.text+0x17aa): undefined reference to `netcdf_mp_nf90_open_'

If your mpif90 is properly built and set up with the same Fortran
compiler you are using, it appears that either you didn't build the
netcdf Fortran 90 modules with that compiler, or you didn't set the
include path for the netcdf modules. This would work the same with
mpif90 as with the underlying Fortran compiler.

--
Tim Prince