Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI Problem
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-25 16:22:09

On Jun 25, 2012, at 3:59 PM, Mohamad Ali Rostami wrote:

> > mpif90 my_application.f90 -o my_application
>
> Yes, as I told you out of make file, it works.
> The problem is something strange in the make file.

I'm sorry; I must have mis-parsed your issue, then. So just to make sure I understand:

shell$ mpif90 my_application.f90 -o my_application

Works fine, but:

shell$ make
...something that eventually invokes "mpif90 my_application.f90 -o my_application"

doesn't work. Right?

If you're invoking the exact same command in both cases (interactive shell and makefile), the *usual* cause of this kind of problem is that the "mpif90" in your Makefile is picking up a different mpif90 than the one that is picked up by your shell. Meaning: your PATH has been reset in the sub-process where "make" is executed, and so when make forks off "mpif90", it finds a different one than the one you execute interactively in the shell.

Check what your path is and/or exactly which mpif90 is getting invoked by your Makefile.