Subject: [OMPI users] error in osc_rdma_data_mave.c
From: Siegmar Gross (Siegmar.Gross_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-21 07:15:03

Hello,

today I tried to compile openmpi-1.6 on Windows 7 with Visual
Studio 2010. Unfortunately I got the following error in file
osc_rdma_data_move.c in line 1099.

error C2440:"=" 'void*' kann nicht in 'void**' konvertiert werden

ompi_osc_rdma_sendreq_recv_accum(..., void** payload)
{
  payload = (void*) malloc(buflen);
}

I changed the statement to

  *payload = (void*) malloc(buflen);

because I found a call of this function with &payload. Did I do
the right thing? Perhaps somebody can fix it in the official source
code.

Kind regards

Siegmar