Subject: Re: [OMPI users] NVCC mpi.h: error: attribute "__deprecated__" does not take arguments
From: Rolf vandeVaart (rvandevaart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-18 18:33:15

Dmitry:

It turns out that by default in Open MPI 1.7, configure enables warnings for deprecated MPI functionality. In Open MPI 1.6, these warnings were disabled by default.
That explains why you would not see this issue in the earlier versions of Open MPI.

I assume that gcc must have added support for __attribute__((__deprecated__)) and then later on __attribute__((__deprecated__(msg))) and your version of gcc supports both of these. (My version of gcc, 4.5.1 does not support the msg in the attribute)

The version of nvcc you have does not support the "msg" argument so everything blows up.

I suggest you configure with -disable-mpi-interface-warning which will prevent any of the deprecated attributes from being used and then things should work fine.

Let me know if this fixes your problem.

Rolf