Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Executions in two different machines
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-18 10:04:55

You might also want to set up your shell startup files on each machine to reflect the proper PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH. E.g., if you have a different .bashrc on each machine, just have it set PATH and LD_LIBARY_PATH properly *for that machine*.

To be clear: it's usually easiest to install OMPI to the same prefix on every machine, but there's no technical requirement from OMPI to do so.