Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Building MPI on Windows
From: Damien (damien_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-13 19:00:48

Vimal,

Shiqing is right, that's a bad way to do it. This is slightly off-topic
for the list, but you have to tell VS where header files (.h, .hpp) are,
which is in Configuration Properties - C/C++ - General - Additional
Include Directories. You have to tell VS where additional libraries
are, which is in Configuration Properties - Linker - General -
Additional Library Directories. You have to tell VS which libraries to
link to, which is in Configuration Properties - Linker - Input -
Additional Dependencies. Check out the OpenMPI sln and look at these
settings in the sub-projects it contains.

VS is a project and build system that drives the configuration for the
compiler, just like autotools and make are on Linux. Nothing's done for
you, you have to set them up for yourself.

Damien