Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Building MPI on Windows
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-13 15:32:29

I'm not a Windozer, so I can't speak to the port for that platform. However, the conversation here seems strange to me. Have you actually read the instructions on the open-mpi.org web site?

Looks pretty simple to me. You download the .exe installer for either 32 or 64 bits, and run it. You don't build OMPI from source - the distro contains everything you need to just run.

See:

http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.6/

for the software and some Windows notes.