Subject: [OMPI users] RE : RE : RE : Bug when mixing sent types in version 1.6
From: BOUVIER Benjamin (benjamin.bouvier_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-11 11:15:06

Hi,

Thanks for your hints Jeff.
I've just tried without any firewalls on involved machines, but the issue remains.

# /etc/init.d/ip6tables status
ip6tables: Firewall is not running.
# /etc/init.d/iptables status
iptables: Firewall is not running.

The machines have the host names "node1", "node2" and "node3".
I launch the basic program on one machine, asking node1 and node2 to be hosts. Typing `netstat -a | grep node1` from node2 shows me that node1 and node2 are connected by tcp, as the connection is marked as ESTABLISHED. I have the same thing when I do `netstat -a | grep node2` from node1. However, the program keeps blocking.

What else could provoke that failure ?

--
Benjamin BOUVIER
To start, I would ensure that all firewalling  (e.g., iptables) is disabled on all machines involved.