Subject: Re: [OMPI users] "-library=stlport4" neccessary for Sun C
From: TERRY DONTJE (terry.dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-06 06:01:59

On 6/6/2012 4:38 AM, Siegmar Gross wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I compiled "openmpi-1.6" on "Solaris 10 sparc", "Solaris 10 x86",
> and Linux (openSuSE 12.1) with "Sun C 5.12". Today I searched my
> log-files for "WARNING" and found the following message.
>
> WARNING: **************************************************************
> WARNING: *** VampirTrace cannot be built due to your STL appears to
> WARNING: *** be broken.
> WARNING: *** Please try again re-configuring Open MPI with using
> WARNING: *** the STLport4 by adding the compiler flag -library=stlport4
> WARNING: *** to CXXFLAGS.
> WARNING: *** Pausing to give you time to read this message...
> WARNING: **************************************************************
>
> With this recommendation I could configure and build VampirTrace
> support. Perhaps somebody can add this option as default to
> "configure" for "Sun C 5.12" on Solaris and Linux.
STLport4 should *not* be the default in cases that VT is not built for
OMPI with Oracle compilers. I imagine that the configure code can be
bent to detect that VT is going to be built and default to STLport4 but
I vaguely recollect this is easier said than done.

I'll open a ticket on this issue but I am not going to promise this will
be addressed anytime soon unless someone else decides to take a crack at
this issue.

Developer Tools Engineering | +1.781.442.2631
Oracle *- Performance Technologies*
95 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803