Subject: Re: [OMPI users] seg fault with intel compiler
From: Gus Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-01 17:29:54

On 06/01/2012 05:06 PM, Edmund Sumbar wrote:
> Thanks for the tips Gus. I'll definitely try some of these, particularly
> the nodes:ppn syntax, and report back.

You can check for torque support with

mpicc --showme

It should show among other things -ltorque [if it
has torque support] and -lrdmacm -libverbs [if it
has OpenIB/Infinband support].

If Torque is not installed in a standard location
[such as /usr or /usr/local],
which is often the case, you may need
to point configure to the Torque library with:

--with-tm=/path/to/torque

Likewise for Infinband/OpenIB if you have it:

--with-openib=/path/to/openib

[I am citing these options from memory.
Do a './configure -help' to check the right syntax, please.]

Making a log file of your configure run may be helpful, to
diagnose problems.

Finally, if I remember right, there was some problem
reported in the list regarding Intel compilers 12.1.
[I built 1.4.5 with Intel 11 and it works fine.]
However, that problem may have been superseded in
the latest OpenMPI 1.6.0.
[The release notes will tell, or perhaps Jeff.]

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa