Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpicc, mpif90, ... not created during installation
From: Aurélien Bouteiller (bouteill_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-01 09:53:02

Jeff,

I had the same issue happening to me. It is a pretty new thing, I think it goes back to about a month ago. I thought it was a freak event from stall configure files and didn't reported. Now that others are experiencing it too, there might be something to investigate there.

Aurelien

Le 1 juin 2012 à 09:27, Jeff Squyres a écrit :

> On Jun 1, 2012, at 8:20 AM, Aurélien Bouteiller wrote:
>
>> You need to pass the following option to configure:
>> --with-devel-headers --enable-binaries
>>
>> I don't know exactly why the default is not to build them anymore, this is a bit confusing.
>
> That is not correct -- the default is to build and install all OMPI binaries (including mpicc and friends). If using --enable-binaries fixed the issue for you, then there's something else going on.
>
> --with-devel-headers has never been the default; it's a developer-working-with-OMPI-internals kind of feature (which <1% of our users), so you have to specifically enable it.
>
> --
> Jeff Squyres
> jsquyres_at_[hidden]

* Dr. Aurélien Bouteiller
* Researcher at Innovative Computing Laboratory
* University of Tennessee
* 1122 Volunteer Boulevard, suite 309b
* Knoxville, TN 37996
* 865 974 9375