Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpicc, mpif90, ... not created during installation
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-01 09:27:07

On Jun 1, 2012, at 8:20 AM, Aurélien Bouteiller wrote:

> You need to pass the following option to configure:
> --with-devel-headers --enable-binaries
>
> I don't know exactly why the default is not to build them anymore, this is a bit confusing.

That is not correct -- the default is to build and install all OMPI binaries (including mpicc and friends). If using --enable-binaries fixed the issue for you, then there's something else going on.

--with-devel-headers has never been the default; it's a developer-working-with-OMPI-internals kind of feature (which <1% of our users), so you have to specifically enable it.