Subject: [OMPI users] Compilation problem (configure) with Intel 12.0.4 and OpenMPI 1.6
From: Antonio Messina (amessina_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-29 08:19:03

Dear all, I'm having troubles while compiling (well, trying to compile)
openmpi 1.6 with intel 12.0.4. The error message I am getting while
running the configure script is:

*** GNU libltdl setup
checking location of libltdl... internal copy
configure: WARNING: Failed to build GNU libltdl. This usually means
that something
configure: WARNING: is incorrectly setup with your environment. There
may be useful information in
 configure: WARNING: opal/libltdl/config.log. You can also disable GNU
libltdl, which will disable
configure: WARNING: dynamic shared object loading, by configuring with
configure: error: Cannot continue

The command line I'm using is:

 ./configure --prefix=/opt/openmpi/1.6/intel/2011 --with-tm=/opt/torque

I am using "module environment" which is setting the following variables:

The machine used to comiple the software is a fresh CentOS 6.2 x86_64.
In attach you will find the config.log and the output of the configure

Compilation with the following compilers goes fine:

* gcc 4.6.2
* intel 11.1
* pgi 10.9

I can provide logs and compilation/configure outputs for those
compilation as well, if needed, and the list of installed packages.