Subject: Re: [OMPI users] vers 1.6.1
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-24 10:04:42

On May 24, 2012, at 6:35 AM, Ricardo Reis wrote:

> When is it thought that 1.6.1 goes public?

FWIW, the nightly tarballs of the head of the v1.6 SVN branch are available here:

    http://www.open-mpi.org/nightly/v1.6/

There's only been a few minor fixes applied so far after 1.6 was released:

1. The intercommunicator-related parameter checking in collectives from this morning (I'm guessing George will apply this fix sometime today)
2. Fix cleanup during MPI_FINALIZE related to user-defined error codes
3. Fix default hostfile location
4. Fixed a malformed error message in the openib BTL

These are all pretty minor fixes. As noted, #1 has been in OMPI since (at least) v1.2 -- and probably longer than that. Any any of these a showstopper for someone?

There's a few other issues that are on my to-do list to investigate in the near future:

- wrapper compilers incorrectly adding -ldl / -lhwloc
- PGI compiler issues (need to get my new PGI license installed first...)
- MPI_COMPLEX* and MPI_DOUBLE_COMPLEX issues
- clang / OS X issues