Subject: Re: [OMPI users] possible bug exercised by mpi4py
From: Jonathan Dursi (ljdursi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-23 22:30:23

On 23 May 9:37PM, Jonathan Dursi wrote:

> On the other hand, it works everywhere if I pad the rcounts array with
> an extra valid value (0 or 1, or for that matter 783), or replace the
> allgatherv with an allgather.

.. and it fails with 7 even where it worked (but succeeds with 8) if I
pad rcounts with an extra invalid value which should never be read.

Should the recvcounts[] parameters test in allgatherv.c loop up to
size=ompi_comm_remote_size(comm), as is done in alltoallv.c, rather than
ompi_comm_size(comm) ? That seems to avoid the problem.

    - Jonathan

--
Jonathan Dursi | SciNet, Compute/Calcul Canada | www.SciNetHPC.ca