Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi-1.6 undefined reference
From: marco atzeri (marco.atzeri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-23 18:20:38

On 5/23/2012 11:20 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> On May 23, 2012, at 9:53 AM, marco atzeri wrote:
>
>> experience says that autoreconf is a good approach on cygwin,
>> it is almost standard on our package build procedure.
>
> I'm still curious: why? (I'm *assuming* that you're building from an official Open MPI tarball -- is that incorrect?)
>
> I ask because we've already run autoreconf, meaning that official Open MPI tarballs are fully bootstrapped and do not need to have autogen (i.e., ultimately autoreconf) re-run on them.
>
> Specifically: I'm unaware of a reason why you should need to re-run autogen (autoreconf) on an otherwise-unaltered Open MPI that was freshly extracted from a tarball. Does something happen differently if you *don't* re-run autogen (autoreconf)?
>
> Re-running autogen shouldn't be causing you any problems, of course -- this is just my curiosity asserting itself...

Hi Jeff,
~ 90% of the time we have mismatch problems between upstream and
cygwin on autoconf/automake/libtool versions that are not cygwin
aware or updated.

As safe approuch, we prefer apply "autoreconf -i -f" as default when
building binary packages.

see cygautoreconf on
http://cygwin-ports.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cygwin-ports/cygport/trunk/README

Regards