Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi-1.6 undefined reference
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-23 17:20:10

On May 23, 2012, at 9:53 AM, marco atzeri wrote:

> experience says that autoreconf is a good approach on cygwin,
> it is almost standard on our package build procedure.

I'm still curious: why? (I'm *assuming* that you're building from an official Open MPI tarball -- is that incorrect?)

I ask because we've already run autoreconf, meaning that official Open MPI tarballs are fully bootstrapped and do not need to have autogen (i.e., ultimately autoreconf) re-run on them.

Specifically: I'm unaware of a reason why you should need to re-run autogen (autoreconf) on an otherwise-unaltered Open MPI that was freshly extracted from a tarball. Does something happen differently if you *don't* re-run autogen (autoreconf)?

Re-running autogen shouldn't be causing you any problems, of course -- this is just my curiosity asserting itself...