Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Cannot compile code with gfortran + OpenMPI when OpenMPI was built with latest intl compilers
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-20 20:26:07

On May 19, 2012, at 6:55 AM, Tim Prince wrote:

> I don't see how it is too great an inconvenience for your Makefile to set PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the mpif90 corresponding to the chosen Fortran compiler.

+1 on this.

I believe there are/might be some flags to force the Intel compilers to be ABI compatible with gfortran, but I don't know how well those are maintained between specific version tuples of (gfortran version, ifort version).

It is always safest -- and usually easiest -- to have separate OMPI installs for each different set of compilers that you want to use. This is unfortunate and sometimes annoying, but it's not really something that Open MPI can fix. Only the compiler vendors can fix the ABI in/compatibility between the different compiler suites. Sorry. :-(