Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI-IO puzzlement
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-15 14:29:20

On May 15, 2012, at 2:19 PM, Ricardo Reis wrote:

>>> INTEGER(kind=MPI_OFFSET_KIND) :: offset
>>>
>>> MPI_OFFSET_KIND is insuficient to represent my offset...
>>
>> Is it not a 64 bit integer for your compiler?

I'm still interested in the answer to this question.

>> There *is* a bug in OMPI at the moment that we're casting the result back down to 32 bits. I can give you a patch for that, if you'd like to try it.
>
> I'll get it from svn and try it out. On another note, me thinks with a derived_data type I nail two with one stroke. This problem and the limitation of 2GB per core when writing files...

You should be able to get just a patch that you can apply to your v1.6 tarball here (the trunk patch was different because some filenames have changed between the v1.6 branch and the trunk):

https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/raw-attachment/ticket/3095/fortran-file-int-cast-fix.diff