Subject: [OMPI users] mpirun error with " The MPI_Comm_f2c() function was called before MPI_INIT was invoked."
From: Dongshan Wei (dswei0523_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-13 08:37:51

Hi All,

I encountered a question about openmpi running. I have compiled
successfully a paralle VASP program with openmpi 1.4.2. But when I run
the compiled program with mpirun, I got the following information at
very beginning:

*** The MPI_Comm_f2c() function was called before MPI_INIT was invoked.
*** This is disallowed by the MPI standard.
*** Your MPI job will now abort.

I believe this error will not related to the VASP program, but only to
openmpi. But I don't how to handle. Does anybody give some solution?

Thanks in advance!

Dongshan

Dongshan Wei, Dr.
Chongqing Institute of Green and Intelligent Technology, CAS
85 Jinyu Ave, Yubei Area, Chongqing 401120, China
Email: dswei_at_[hidden]
Phone: (+86) 23-63063762