Subject: Re: [OMPI users] starting open-mpi
From: Dmitry N. Mikushin (maemarcus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-11 09:17:34

Hi Ghobad,

The error message means the OpenMPI wants to use cl.exe - the compiler
from Microsoft Visual Studio.

Here http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.5/ms-windows.php is it stated:

This is the first binary release for Windows, with basic MPI libraries
and executables. The supported platforms are Windows XP, Windows
Vista, Windows Server 2003/2008, and Windows 7 (including both 32 and
64 bit versions). The installers were configured with CMake 2.8.1 and
compiled under Visual Studio 2010, and they support for C/C++
compilers of Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010.

So, to compile MPI programs you probably need one of this compilers to
be installed.

Best regards.
- Dima.