Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI-IO puzzlement
From: Ricardo Reis (rreis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-10 13:37:27

what is the communicator that you used to open the file? I am wondering
whether it differs from the communicator used in MPI_Barrier, and some
processes do not enter the Barrier at all...

Thanks
Edgar

world, I only use one comm on this code.

world = MPI_COMM_WORLD

    CALL MPI_file_open(world, TRIM(flname), &
          amode, MPI_INFO_NULL, fh, ierr)

I have run this code in other machines, with other configs and got no
problem. I'm running with all debug flags turned on but it just hangs
there without any feedback to me. I wonder if there is something I could
do to have some feedback.

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD/MSc Mechanical Engineering | Lic. Aerospace Engineering

  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt

  Cultural Instigator @ Rádio Zero
  http://www.radiozero.pt

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/rreis/

  contacts: gtalk: kyriusan_at_[hidden] skype: kyriusan

  Institutional Address:

  Ricardo J.N. dos Reis
  IDMEC, Instituto Superior Técnico, Technical University of Lisbon
  Av. Rovisco Pais
  1049-001 Lisboa
  Portugal

                       - email sent with alpine 2.00 -