Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Regarding mpi programming
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-01 09:41:28

Unfortunately, that's not much of a description to go on to know where the problem is.

In general, you should look to ensure that:

a) you are sending exactly what you think you are sending (e.g., print out a sample value or two before and/or after you send)
b) you are receiving exactly what you think you are receiving (e.g., print out the same sample value or two that you did on the send side after you receive)

Also ensure that you're receiving from the right communicator/tag/source tuple.