Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Serializing objects
From: Andreas Schäfer (gentryx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-01 03:03:31

Hi Omar,

with serialization of C++ objects is fundamentally no different than
sending structs with the C bindings. See [1] for an example of how to
use MPI_Isend/MPI_Irecv. Be advised though that MPI won't guarantee
that the communication will always run concurrently.

If your objects contain pointers or containers like std::vector,
std::map, and friends, then you might want to take a look at
boost::mpi [2] whose serialization can handle even tricky cases, but
which (boost::serialize) is also much slower than native MPI.

Best
-Andreas

[1] https://computing.llnl.gov/tutorials/mpi/
[2] http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_49_0/doc/html/mpi.html

On 20:57 Mon 30 Apr , Omar Andrés Zapata Mesa wrote:
> Hello guys.
> I am trying to serialize an object and send it with non-blocking
> communication (Isend/Irecv) and I need use
> Grequest but I can not find examples about how used it in c++.
>
> can somebody help me how to use it?
> do you know where I can find documentation or examples?
> can I pass a class's methods like a callback?
>
> Thanks you!!
>

> --
> Omar Andres Zapata Mesa
> Fundamental Interaction Phenomenology Gruop (Gfif)
> Head Developer
> http://gfif.udea.edu.co
> Gfif Developers (Gfif Dev)
> Division of computer science
> System Engineering Student
> Universidad de Antioquia At Medellin - Colombia
> Usuario Linux #490962

Andreas Schäfer
HPC and Grid Computing
Chair of Computer Science 3
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
+49 9131 85-27910
PGP/GPG key via keyserver
http://www.libgeodecomp.org
(\___/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination!