Subject: [OMPI users] Multithreading applications with OMPI 1.7
From: Jens Glaser (jglaser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-27 19:20:02

Hi,

we've tried to use a multithreaded application with a more recent trunk version (March 21) of OpenMPI. We need to use this version because of CUDA RDMA support. OpenMPI was binding all the threads to a single core, which is undesirable.
In OpenMPI 1.5. there was an option --cpus-per-rank, which should have helped in this case, or --bind-to-none.

Unfortunately, these options are now gone and I couldn't figure out how to make it work with the newest version.

Can anyone offer any hints on this?

Thanks,
Jens.