Subject: Re: [OMPI users] regarding the installation
From: Jeffrey Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-25 09:32:29

On Apr 25, 2012, at 8:58 AM, seshendra seshu wrote:

> I have installed openMPI on the master node and separately on client nodes how can i check that all nodes can communicate for openmpi for running parallel programs.

Check out this prior post from this list:

    http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2012/03/18846.php

> And i need to use ssh for the connection establishment. i need the configuration of ssh for open mpi.

Note that Open MPI does not use ssh for MPI connection establishment; it only uses ssh to launch executables remotely. On IP-based networks, Open MPI will use TCP sockets for communication and MPI traffic.

Have a look at this FAQ category:

    http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=rsh