I've released a new version of ppe-ompi
<http://norbl.com/ppe-ompi/ppe-ompi.html>, which is a system for running
an Open MPI network on EC2 (Amazon's cloud computing service). Download
* AMIs with Open MPI 1.4.5 are available.
* EBS volumes can be attached to instances using the ec2 network manager.
* A simple ssh shell for access to an ec2 instance is built into the
ec2 network manager.
* Amazon client configuration parameters can be set in the ec2 network
manager. Some of the parameters may be needed to access AWS if you
are using a proxy server.
* The network specification manager shows more information about
instance types and AMIs.