Subject: [OMPI users] hostname not known only in fedora 15
From: Bernhard Knapp (bernhard.knapp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-19 06:42:37

Dear mail-list users,

I have a problem when I try to run a parallel gromacs job on fedora core 15. The same job (same installation options and network-setup) for fedora core 13 works fine. I already tried it in a fedora forum but I could not find a solution there ...

[terminal output start]

[name_at_quoVadis27 folder]$ mpirun -np 4 mdrun [...] : Could not resolve hostname quoVadis27: Name or service not known
A daemon (pid 9722) died unexpectedly with status 255 while attempting
to launch so we are aborting.

There may be more information reported by the environment (see above).

This may be because the daemon was unable to find all the needed shared
libraries on the remote node. You may set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to have the
location of the shared libraries on the remote nodes and this will
automatically be forwarded to the remote nodes.
mpirun noticed that the job aborted, but has no info as to the process
that caused that situation.
mpirun: clean termination accomplished

[terminal output end]

It claims that "quoVadis27" is not known however this is just the name of the maschine itself:

[terminal output start]

[name_at_quoVadis27 ~]$ hostname
quoVadis27

[name_at_quoVadis27 ~]$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Generated by NetworkManager
nameserver 192.168.0.1

[name_at_quoVadis27 ~]$ cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
::1 localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

[terminal output end]

Also the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set in the bash.rc: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib" .

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

best,
Bernhard