Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMpi on a windows Xp tcp network
From: Shiqing Fan (fan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-16 04:45:37

Hi Bradi,

Yes, as you are on an XP machine, the io forwarding is not working for
Open MPI. So you won't see the remote output from the local command
windows. The only way is to direct the output into a file, for example:
mpirun -n 2 app.exe > output.txt . This will generate the output file on
remote computer under the same path where you run on local computer.

Regards,
Shiqing

On 2012-04-15 10:11 AM, Bradi Rares wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have 2 windows Xp computers connected through an ethernet network. I
> have installed openMPI using the windows installer
> OpenMPI_v1.5.4-1_win32.exe
> <http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.5/downloads/OpenMPI_v1.5.4-1_win32.exe>
> on every computer. I have set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to
> "C:\Program Files\OpenMPI_v1.5.4-win32\lib" (this is the directory
> where the installation extracted my files)
> and the PATH "C:\Program Files\OpenMPI_v1.5.4-win32\bin". I have
> configured the 2 computers so that I can launch processes remotely.
> The command used to launch the process is
> *mpirun -H Cooler.lan,mugiwara-4adeb0 -n 2 MPI1.exe
> *where the program simply outputs the rank and the processor name.
> My problem is that the output is not collected to the stdout of the
> rank 0 process. On the remote machine I simply see that the process is
> launched and when execution finishes is destroyed. I want to find a
> solution to this , because I have no ideea what could be causing this.
> Please if you could suggest a solution to my problem I would be very
> thankful.
> The process can be launched locally with success. ethNode1.txt
> contains the ipconfig /all on node 1, ompi_infoNode1.txt contains the
> result of command *ompi_info -v ompi full --parsable *and
> ompi_info.txt the result of ompi_info -all command.
>
> Thank-you in advance.
> ** **
> ** WARNING: This email contains an attachment of a very suspicious type. **
> ** You are urged NOT to open this attachment unless you are absolutely **
> ** sure it is legitimate. Opening this attachment may cause irreparable **
> ** damage to your computer and your files. If you have any questions **
> ** about the validity of this message, PLEASE SEEK HELP BEFORE OPENING IT. **
> ** **
> ** This warning was added by the IU Computer Science Dept. mail scanner. **

Shiqing Fan
High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)
Tel: ++49(0)711-685-87234      Nobelstrasse 19
Fax: ++49(0)711-685-65832      70569 Stuttgart
http://www.hlrs.de/organization/people/shiqing-fan/
email: fan_at_[hidden]