Subject: [OMPI users] OpenMpi on a windows Xp tcp network
From: Bradi Rares (bradi.rares_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-15 04:11:28

Hello,

I have 2 windows Xp computers connected through an ethernet network. I have
installed openMPI using the windows installer
OpenMPI_v1.5.4-1_win32.exe<http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.5/downloads/OpenMPI_v1.5.4-1_win32.exe>on
every computer. I have set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to "C:\Program
Files\OpenMPI_v1.5.4-win32\lib" (this is the directory where the
installation extracted my files)
and the PATH "C:\Program Files\OpenMPI_v1.5.4-win32\bin". I have configured
the 2 computers so that I can launch processes remotely. The command used
to launch the process is
*mpirun -H Cooler.lan,mugiwara-4adeb0 -n 2 MPI1.exe
*where the program simply outputs the rank and the processor name.
My problem is that the output is not collected to the stdout of the rank 0
process. On the remote machine I simply see that the process is launched
and when execution finishes is destroyed. I want to find a solution to this
, because I have no ideea what could be causing this. Please if you could
suggest a solution to my problem I would be very thankful.
The process can be launched locally with success. ethNode1.txt contains the
ipconfig /all on node 1, ompi_infoNode1.txt contains the result of
command *ompi_info
-v ompi full --parsable *and ompi_info.txt the result of ompi_info -all
command.

Thank-you in advance.

** **
** WARNING: This email contains an attachment of a very suspicious type. **
** You are urged NOT to open this attachment unless you are absolutely **
** sure it is legitimate. Opening this attachment may cause irreparable **
** damage to your computer and your files. If you have any questions **
** about the validity of this message, PLEASE SEEK HELP BEFORE OPENING IT. **
** **
** This warning was added by the IU Computer Science Dept. mail scanner. **