Subject: Re: [OMPI users] sge tight intregration leads to bad allocation
From: Eloi Gaudry (eloi.gaudry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-05 12:58:05

-----Original Message-----
From: users-bounces_at_[hidden] [mailto:users-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Reuti
Sent: jeudi 5 avril 2012 18:41
To: Open MPI Users

Am 05.04.2012 um 17:55 schrieb Eloi Gaudry:

> >> Here are the allocation info retrieved from `qstat -g t` for the related job:
> >
> > For me the output of `qstat -g t` shows MASTER and SLAVE entries but no variables. Is there any wrapper defined for `qstat` to reformat the output (or a ~/.sge_qstat defined)?
> >
> > [eg: ] sorry, i forgot about sge_qstat being defined. As I don't have any slot available right now, I cannot relaunch the job to get the output updated.
> Reuti, here is the output you asked two days ago.
> It was produced with another "bad" run for which 3 processes are running on nodes charlie and carl... but we should have only 2 processes on carl and 4 on charlie...

This is indeed strange, as it first detects the correct allocation. And it conforms to the one granted.

- You used a plain `mpiexec` without and number of processes or machinesfile?
[eg: ] I'm using orterun and i'm ony providing the number of process. Shouldn't I ?

- Can you please post while it's running the relevant lines from:
ps -e f --cols=500
(f w/o -) from both machines.
It's allocated between the nodes more like in a round-robin fashion.
[eg: ] I'll try to do this tomorrow, as soon as some slots become free. Thanks for your feedback Reuti, I appreciate.