Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpicc command not found - Fedora
From: Rohan Deshpande (rohand87_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-30 08:39:02

Hi,

I do not know how to use *ortecc*.

After looking at the details i found that* yum install did not install
openmpi-devel package. *

yum cannot find it either - *yum search openmpi-devel says not match found.*

I am using* Red Hat 6.2 and i686 processors. *

which mpicc shows -

*which: no mpicc in
(/usr/lib/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/ns-allinone/bin:/usr/local/ns-allinone/tcl8.4.18/unix:/usr/local/ns-allinone/tk8.4.18/unix:/usr/local/cuda/cuda/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/lib/openmpi/bin)
*

rpmquery -l openmpi-devel *says package not installed*

What could be the possible solution?

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 2:05 AM, Amit Ghadge <amitg.aap_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> You can try source packaged. Extract and run command ./configure
> --prefix=usr/local , make all , make install after to compile any mpi
> program by using mpicc
> On 29-Mar-2012 7:26 PM, "Jeffrey Squyres" <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> I don't know exactly how Fedora packages Open MPI, but I've seen some
>> distributions separate Open MPI into a base package and a "devel" package.
>> And mpicc (and some friends) are split off into that "devel" package.
>>
>> The rationale is that you don't need mpicc (and friends) to *run* Open
>> MPI applications -- you only need mpicc (etc.) to *develop* Open MPI
>> applications.
>>
>> Poke around and see if you can find a devel-like Open MPI package in
>> Fedora.
>>

>> On Mar 29, 2012, at 7:45 AM, Rohan Deshpande wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have installed mpi successfully on fedora using yum install openmpi
>> openmpi-devel openmpi-libs
>> >
>> > I have also added /usr/lib/openmpi/bin to PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>> variable.
>> >
>> > But when I try to complie my program using mpicc hello.c or
>> /usr/lib/openmpi/bin/mpicc hello.c I get error saying mpicc: command not
>> found
>> >
>> > I checked the contents of /user/lib/openmpi/bin and there is no
>> mpicc... here is the screenshot
>> >
>> > <image.png>
>> >

>> > The add/remove programs show the installation details
>> >
>> > <image.png>
>> >
>> > I have tried re installing but same thing happened.
>> >
>> > Can someone help me to solve this issue?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > --
>> >
>> > Best Regards,
>> >
>> > ROHAN