Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpicc command not found - Fedora
From: Joshua Baker-LePain (jlb17_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-29 13:12:41

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 at 7:45pm, Rohan Deshpande wrote

> I have installed mpi successfully on fedora using *yum install openmpi
> openmpi-devel openmpi-libs*

What version of Fedora are you using, and on what architecture (i.e. i686
or x86_64)? As far as I can see, the last Fedora distro to use
openmpi-libs was Fedora 11, which is rather old and unsupported.

> I have also added */usr/lib/openmpi/bin* to *PATH *and*
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH*variable.
>
> But when I try to complie my program using *mpicc hello.c*
> or*/usr/lib/openmpi/bin/mpicc hello.c
> * I get error saying *mpicc: command not found*
> *
> *
> I checked the contents of /user/lib/openmpi/bin and there is no mpicc...
> here is the screenshot

Current versions of Fedora use the "module" command to load the proper
environment for Open MPI. On a 64bit machine, e.g., one would run
"module load openmpi-x86_64" to get all the env variables properly set.
But I don't know what Fedora version that started with.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin