Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpicc command not found - Fedora
From: Jeffrey Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-29 09:55:24

I don't know exactly how Fedora packages Open MPI, but I've seen some distributions separate Open MPI into a base package and a "devel" package. And mpicc (and some friends) are split off into that "devel" package.

The rationale is that you don't need mpicc (and friends) to *run* Open MPI applications -- you only need mpicc (etc.) to *develop* Open MPI applications.

Poke around and see if you can find a devel-like Open MPI package in Fedora.