Subject: [OMPI users] Can not run a parallel job on all the nodes in the cluster
From: Hameed Alzahrani (ibn_aibaan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-27 17:46:26

Hi,

When I run any parallel job I get the answer just from the submitting node even when I tried to benchmark the cluster using LINPACK but it look like the job just working on the submitting node is there a way to make openMPI send the job equally to all the nodes depending on the number of processor in the current mode even if I specify that the job should use 8 processor it look like openMPI use the submitting node 4 processors instead of using the other processors. I tried also --host but it does not work correctly in benchmarking the cluster so does any one use openMPI in benchmarking a cluster or does any one knows how to make openMPI divids the parallel job equally to every processor on the cluster.

Regards,