Subject: Re: [OMPI users] [EXTERNAL] Possible to build ompi-1.4.3 or 1.4.5 without a C++ compiler?
From: Barrett, Brian W (bwbarre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-20 14:35:48

David -

No problem. Generally, you can get away with that trick whenever you're
compiling shared libraries and using the system compiler. The biggest
advantage is that the chance of the code being mis-compiled goes down
significantly when using the system compiler. The kernel is a good stress
test that all the atomics got implemented properly :).

Brian