Subject: Re: [OMPI users] [EXTERNAL] Possible to build ompi-1.4.3 or 1.4.5 without a C++ compiler?
From: Gunter, David O (dog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-20 13:24:27

You are right, Brian. I failed to build from a fresh untar, so I had some leftover intel-compiled bits.

Your suggestion seems to work so I'll pass it along to the user to try out.

Thanks!

-david

--
David Gunter
HPC-3: Infrastructure Team
On Mar 20, 2012, at 9:52 AM, Barrett, Brian W wrote:
> That doesn't make a whole lot of sense; what compile / link line is
> resulting in that error message?  The error message is saying that
> libmpi.so depends on an Intel built-in function, but since you built
> libmpi.so with gcc, that shouldn't happen.  Are you sure that libmpi.so
> wasn't build against the Intel compilers?
>
> Brian
>
> On 3/20/12 11:35 AM, "Gunter, David O" <dog_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> I wish it were that easy.  When I go that route, I get error messages
>> like the following when trying to compile the parallel code with Intel:
>>
>> libmpi.so:  undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strcpy'
>>
>> and other messages for every single Intel-implemented standard C-function.
>>
>> -david
>> --
>> David Gunter
>> HPC-3: Infrastructure Team
>> Los Alamos National Laboratory

>>> Unfortunately, you're a bit out of luck.  Open MPI 1.4.x requires C++
>>> even
>>> if you're not building the C++ bindings.  This is not true of 1.5.x and